Our unique approach to Health aims to fulfill the current global need to provide a holistic and scientific system of health care for prevention and cure, for both individual and collective health. At our School of Integrative Medicine all the main topics of modern medicine and Maharishi Ayurveda are studied in light of their basis in Total Knowledge—the Veda—the inner intelligence of human physiology; and in light of the student’s experience of developing higher states of consciousness.
Maharishi Ayurveda is the ancient and timeless Vedic approach to medicine, which was brought to light in this scientific age for its authentic value of theory and practice by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, in conjunction with the world’s foremost experts in Ayurvedic Medicine and physicians and scientists in modern medicine. Maharishi Ayurveda is a comprehensive, scientific, prevention-oriented system of natural medicine. It emphasizes the recent scientific discovery that consciousness—the Veda, the totality of Natural Law, or the Unified Field in the language of modern physics—is at the basis of the physiology and medicine.
Maharishi Ayurveda provides multiple treatment modalities and behavioral prescriptions to bring mind, body, and environment into harmony with the intelligence of nature and physiology, for the natural and effective prevention and treatment of disease, and promotion of longevity and ideal health. Maharishi Ayurveda takes into account all the levels that influence health, many of which are not usually considered by modern medicine
High Record of Failure of Modern Medicine
The pharmaceuticals and invasive procedures of modern medicine are increasingly recognized to have adverse side effects, which are a serious hazard to health. These hazards are documented by thousands of articles published in medical journals by leading doctors and medical researchers.
Principles and Programs which are Missing in Modern Health Care
All the Vedic programs have age-old traditional authenticity, and are widely verified through published scientific research.
- Diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic programs based on the 40 aspects of Veda and the Vedic Literature.
- Integration of the most ancient and most modern knowledge of Natural Law applied to foster perfect health.
- Principles and programs to develop one’s full brain potential through Vedic technologies of consciousness, including the Transcendental Meditation program.
Other core approaches of Maharishi Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine to be included in the program are:
- Maharishi Vedic Vibration Technology and Maharishi Vedic Sound Therapy.
- Vedic Pulse Diagnosis for early detection of imbalances—enabling doctors to be increasingly selfsufficient in their diagnostic skills.
- Physiological purification procedures to eliminate deep-seated impurities and toxins.
- Principles and procedures to minimize the detrimental effects of the ageing process.
- Neuromuscular integration(Yoga Asana) and breathing exercises (Prānāyāma) to increase flexibility and mind-body coordination.
- Using the therapeutic value of plants and food, taking into consideration the effects of daily and seasonal cycles ( yurveda, the science of Life).
- Maharishi Vedic Organic Food—grown without hazardous chemicals, which contribute to the rise of chronic disorders; employing Vedic Sounds to enliven the inner intelligence of the plant for maximum nutritional value.
- Promotion of health through proper layout and proportion of homes and buildings in harmony with Natural Law (Sthāpatya Veda).
- Prediction and neutralization of negative influences on health coming from the sun, moon, planets, and stars (the Vedic Sciences of Jyotish and Yagya).
- Music therapy through the melodies and frequencies of Natural Law (Gandharva Veda).
- Introduction to other medical systems, such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Osteopathy, Chiropractic, Information and Energy Medicine.
- Therapeutic approaches using the five senses, such as aroma therapy, light and color therapy, gem therapy, water therapy and dance therapy.
- Recognition of the value of cultural traditions, indigenous knowledge and traditional medicines, and codes of health-promoting behavior as taught by all major religions.
- Consciousness-Based health education for school children and the public.
- Programs for improving collective health, and creating a disease-free society, national invincibility, and world peace.