Fresh Start Track
Fresh Start Track is an MBA for students with no work experience and little academic background in accounting. UMLAC prepares you for success as a professional accountant in 11 months to 18 months (depending on your academic background and professional work experience). There is no curricular practical training in this track.
Accounting Specialization Courses
MBA students earn the Specialization in Accounting by taking at least 16 credits from among the following courses. Not all courses are available every term or every year.
- MGT 5150 Financial Accounting (4 credits)
- MGT 5160 Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- MGT 5141 Intermediate Accounting I (4 credits)
- MGT 5142 Intermediate Accounting II (4 credits)
- MGT 5152 Auditing for Financial Accountants – CPA Review (4 credits)
- MGT 5131 Taxation (2 credits)
- MGT 5852 Lean Accounting Transformation (2 credits)
- MGT 5859 US and International Accounting Practices (2 credits)
- any of the three additional CPA Review or two CMA Review courses